Monday, September 22, 2014

Bicycles at Hand, Racing at Heart

My name is Chris, and racing has become my life. I’m a 2012 Mechanical Engineering graduate from California State University, Chico. Instead of pursuing a mind-numbing office job, I stuck with my passion for cycling and got a job with a bicycle manufacturer. Currently, I’m supervising a gaggle of misfits who make the wheels for Santa Cruz Bicycles.

            While working there is fun, racing is my true passion. My new endeavor is the self-inflicted pain called cyclocross (B, cat 3/4). I dabble a little in cross-country (sport), cruise the climbs and go all out downhill in the new craze of enduro (expert). I also enjoy downhill and dual slalom (both cat 2) when I can find time and/or races.

Photo by: Ian Davis
 Bend, Or 2013
Photo by: Jeff Kendall-Weed
Ashland, Or 2014

Photo By: Menso De Jong
Los Olivos, CA 















          My friends and family around the country constantly ask what I've been up to, so I decided to start a blog about my racing experiences. In this blog I will talk about my riding and racing trips, special events related to riding, and a few local rides now and again. Being a former engineering student, writing and photography aren't exactly my strong points, so I might enlist the expertise of friends and family to help with posts. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *